Image Map

Sunday 23 February 2014

Storybook Sunday - Giraffes Can't Dance

Linking up with Paula's Place for the first time to join in with Storybook Sunday.


The story I want to post about is one of my all-time favourite books. Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae. 

Gerald is a giraffe who doesn't seem to be good at dancing, all the other jungle animals are holding a Jungle Dance and he gets laughed away, until a friendly cricket speaks to him and shows him that he is special too. This is such a fun book to read with rhyming verses and a very sweet message at the end of the story. 

Whilst I read it every year with my class, last year I decided to do it as my class assembly to parents. I dressed the children up as the different jungle characters and had them each say 2 line or a verse (depending on their public speaking ability!). They then sang the song 'Good to be me' to show that they recognised just like Gerald that they were special in their own ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...