Image Map

Sunday 23 March 2014

Storybook Sunday - Leaf Man

Another favourite book of mine, especially when I've taught in Reception (Kindergarten) is Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert.


The best part of the book is without doubt the amazingly clever illustrations which are pictures completely made out of leaves.


The children are fascinated working out what they are. And of course, once we are done, we all head outside to look for our very own leaf men! This book is obviously best introduced in autumn. There is also a page at the end which allows the children to identify common leaves.

As I usually do a whole week on leaves and autumn, I often follow up Leaf Man with We're Going on a Leaf Hunt (based on a familiar story!) which is another gorgeous book to read about that time of year.


Go link up with Paula's Place for more great book suggestions on Storybook Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Leaf Man book - I hope I can remember it for next fall. Do leaves change color in Australia? I always think that the weather is warm and spring-like all year, and there are palm trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't teach in Australia, but I have to confess that where I currently am, the leaves don't change colour! I've used this book many times when I used to live in England though where there is a proper autumn! I do hope you get to use it, Leaf Man is such a nice book! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing a great book and linking up to my Storybook Sunday
    Paula from Paula’s Place

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...